What Should Southern California Homeowners Know About Tenting Preparation?
At The Termite Guy, we provide effective termite and pest control services designed to protect your home. We offer several termite treatment options, depending on the severity and size of the infestation you're dealing with.
If you're dealing with an especially large or severe termite infestation, our technicians may recommend termite tenting, otherwise known as fumigation treatments. This method of treatment involves enclosing your entire house within a vinyl-coated nylon tarpaulin tent and then filling your home with gas-based pesticides (called fumigants). The fumigants are held inside the tent for a set time before removing the tent and ventilating your home, allowing the fumigants to be released.
To prepare your home for this process, you need to take a few steps to ready your house for tenting. Such steps may include the following:
- Put certain foods in airtight bags.
- Turn off your ice maker and discard any pre-made ice cubes.
- Trim outdoor shrubbery so the technicians can easily secure the tent around your home.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Our 3-Day Fumigation Process
Fumigation allows the drywood termite treatment to reach into the smallest nooks and crannies of your home and eliminates every last termite that may be living there. However, this treatment does take three days to complete, meaning you'll need to prepare a place to spend two nights away from your home. Once the fumigation process is over, your property will be pest-free and ready for you to return.
- On day one, your local gas company will arrive at your home between 7 AM and 11 AM to turn off the gas. They will place a small tag on your gas meter. Please do not remove this tag, as it lets us know that the gas line is currently inactive. A team of technicians from The Termite Guy will cover your entire home with large tarps that secure along your foundation. After a licensed fumigator ensures that all people and pets have exited the structure and that foods, plants, and medicines have been properly sealed or removed from your home, they will secure it with warning signs and extra locks on all entryways. Once everything is ready, we will release the correct dosage of 'sulfuryl fluoride gas fumigant' into your home for a specific amount of time. This time frame allows the termite treatments to deeply penetrate the wooden structure of your home, eliminating all the drywood termites living inside.
- On day two, our technicians will return to your property to examine the exterior of your home and ensure all the tarps are still in place. Then, they will place a plugin fan attached to an exhaust tube within your home. This step begins the aeration stage of the treatment process, which allows the fumigation treatment to vent out of the structure.
- On day three, the last day of the fumigation process, we'll remove the tarps from your home after fully airing it out. Then our licensed fumigators will utilize special equipment designed to detect sulfuryl fluoride gas fumigant in the air. Air samples taken from the interior of your home will be tested with this equipment to determine whether or not it is safe for you to return to the structure. Once the air samples come back free of fumigants, a 'Re-Entry' notice will be placed on your front door, noting the date and time your home was certified safe for re-entry. As a last step, we'll remove all the locks and warning signs from your property.
Fumigation is an in-depth process with proven results. Get in touch with The Termite Guy today to request a termite inspection or to find out if fumigation is the right choice for your termite control needs.
Fumigation Tenting Made Easy With Help From The Termite Guy
At The Termite Guy, we're committed to delivering solutions that eliminate your pest problems for good. We're also committed to providing resources that give homeowners the knowledge to make necessary preparations before our technicians arrive at the scene. Termite control is easy when you partner with The Termite Guy.
With over 25 years of experience managing local pest problems, we have the knowledge, skill, and expertise to eliminate your termite problems. Our fumigation services are proven 100% effective at eliminating all the termites in your home, even if there are multiple termite colonies on your Orange County, Los Angeles County, or Ventura County property. Fumigation uses an inorganic gas that leaves behind no odors or residue. In addition, this service includes a 5-year warranty, which means if termites start causing problems in your home within five years of our service, we'll return to remove them for free. Don't let termites continue causing damage to your Southern California home. Instead, turn to The Termite Guy for excellent fumigation services you can trust to get the job done right!
What The Termite Guy Customers Are Saying
"I use the Termite Guy all of the time for my escrow inspections. As a real estate professional I need a company I can rely on. They do a great job and are extremely reliable and responsive. They're a definite part of my team."
"I had a wonderful experience with the Termite Guy. They were on time, clean and careful. Before my fumigation, I had 2 broken tiles and after the fumigation there were only 5 broken, all of which were replaced. They also primed and painted my facia that need repair. Wonderful terminte company and Trina was so easy and pleasant and accommodating."
"Termite Guy is an excellent company! From start to finish..they take care of business! From the initial call to inspect, administration, inspectors, workmanship and pricing they get the job done in a timely and efficient manner! Go Termite Guy!!"